Sunday, February 12, 2006

Problem with my *NEAT* Idea

I posted a groupblog post about this math blog I recently created. I created the blog to help me be able to remember the math I'm learning and to keep track of what I'm learning. I want to be able to look back on what I did in a math class 3 quarters ago and see if I'm using the math in a math class I'm taking now. But there's one problem with my neat idea: I NEED to keep updating so I have something to look back on! Practically everyone who commented on my post in the groupblog said that it would be hard for them to keep up with a blog like the one I'm trying to use. And I'm figuring out that it IS hard!! I wanted to update my blog after EVERY class, and EVERY assignment... hmm that was pretty ambitious of me! I need to somehow put posting on my blogs into my daily routine of brushing my teeth, showering, taking vitamins.. things like that. I guess the only way to get it into my routine is to do it regularly and religiously. Connecting this to ePortfolios, maybe there would be some automated kind of message that asks a user how they're doing in their classes or on a project in school. I know I would want an ePortfolio with everything I have done in my whole life just like I want my math blog to be like, but I want some easy way to just CLICK and I've updated. Like in my LifePort sci-fi ePortfolio idea, a user would have a mentor that would ask them to briefly update on their life with maybe some questions like: what are you learning in your math class or are you reading any good books right now? Questions that could get the user thinking and maybe start typing about other things that they are doing right now. I bet if children had an ePortfolio from birth they would update their ePortfolios without even thinking about it. I always turn on my computer and check my email at least once a day, that's part of my routine. I'm going to TRY and update my math blog at least every other day and hopefully it will become part of my routine. And my incentive is that then I will have something interesting to look back on next quarter.

1 Comments:

At 2/13/2006 02:55:00 PM, Blogger Scott Lankford said...

Have you tried blogging by phone -- "Moblogging"? If you're a good thumb typist, it works pretty well...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home