Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Iraqi Bloggers

I was on the New York Times website (www.nytimes.com) and I saw that 'TimesSelect' (the paying part of NY Times or if you already have a paper subscription) asked five Iraqi bloggers to write about their daily lives in Iraq... here's a little bit more: "Three of the bloggers live in Baghdad; two live in Mosul. Four are students, one is a doctor - all have been chronicling events in Iraq for six months or longer." from the nytimes.com website I think this is a very interesting way of using blogs in a different kind of way (not just some 13 year old girl telling the world who she likes on her blog). I hadn't heard about these blogs before today but I'll look at them periodically to see what it's like. I'm having fun keeping my eye out for articles, books, magazines, and other materials related to blogs and Eportfolios!

1 Comments:

At 1/20/2006 11:31:00 AM, Blogger Scott Lankford said...

There's an Iraqi blogger named "Salaam Pax" that I've been following regularly -- along with thousands of other readers from around the globe. He's going to be giving a lecture in San Jose soon (one of the other profs at Foothill, Rich Morasci (ESL), clued me into it. You might want to consider attending! "He is coming to talk in San Jose on March 22 and 23. I checked with SJSU." His URL is http://justzipit.blogspot.com/

 

Post a Comment

<< Home